Bruiser

Dog is acting quite insane! Answers asap please.

Okay so I'm sure there are a few questions like this but I wanted to make one specific to Bruiser to hopefully get the best answer I can get. Specifics on Bru are Shih Tzu poodle, 9 and a half. Usually distant like a grouchy old man.
Today when I woke up I went out quickly (10-15 minutes) just to get rent money and when I got back Bruiser was acting quite strange. He was climbing all over me and wouldn't let there be any distance between us. I thought maybe he was just being a little silly so I took him out for a walk around the neighbourhood.
When we got back I was hoping he'd maybe be tired and just rest for a little bit so I could do some chores and sort some things out. Wrong. Now he's even worse.
Even more antsy and clingy. Whining and ignoring everything I say. Panting and pacing about. He literally just won't sit still.
It's actually really starting to freak me out.
Please, any advice or just thoughts would be amazing!
And the sooner the better!

Asked by Bruiser on Feb 1st 2013 Tagged antsy, clingy, misbehaving in Behavior & Training

Answers

Sometimes a change in behavior can mean there's a health problem. I would have a vet check him out. Most vets have Saturday appointments. Good Luck!

Sabi

Vet, for sure. Any sudden and drastic change in behavior is a sign something is wrong. The pacing and panting could mean he is in pain.

Sabi answered on 2/1/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 2 Report this answer

I agree that tou should take him to the vet. Also try to think of something you have done to make him worry and become anxious. The vet may ask questions like this and it could be helpful coming to a solution.

Lexus

I agree with getting him a vet check. A sudden change in behavior could definitely be a health issue.
Good Luck!

Lexus answered on 2/1/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Your dog is trying to tell you somethings wrong.
GO TO THE VET INSTANTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!