Munsie

Dog Beds! I'm looking for a safe durable and perhaps waterproof dog bed for a boxer dog that weighs 60lbs. Any suggest?

Dog Beds! I'm looking for a safe durable and perhaps waterproof dog bed for a boxer dog that weighs 60lbs. Any suggestions?

Asked by Munsie on Aug 6th 2008 Tagged dogbeds in Beds

Answers

Annie

Munsie,
Wunnerful, wunnerful bed! Mine is green.

www.dog.com

You can put your own favorite (washable) blankie in it. We have the 37" size for me (I am a big-boned 125#) I think the 30" would be just right for 60# of boxer.
Annie

Annie answered on 8/6/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Where I am at, the working dog kennels on base use this type of dog cot in their indoor/outdoor kennel runs - www.dog They're very stable, can be used indoors and outdoors, and come in a wide variety of choices. They're very easy to clean, too, just rinse off with a hose.

I don't have an outdoor dog bed at my place, but I use a crate / kennel mat in my crate. The mat I use is actually designed to go into an outdoor dog house. It's egg-crate foam on the inside and waterproof vinyl on the outside. Very easy to clean - hose it off with water - and the only crate mat I've found that my dog doesn't manage to squish into a corner of her crate.

This is what it looks like - www.petco.com

Tigger

ME TOO!! i was just about to ask the same question - my dog has a bad habit of tearing apart his bed/blanket when he's left alone. are there any dog beds out there that are made for that specific problem?

Tigger answered on 8/21/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Cody

Hi Munsie
I sell dog beds on my website Dixiepets.com

Cody answered on 8/21/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Go to Primopads.com and get one from them. I have a Doberman that used to destroy everything I bought in regards to bedding. I even tried lining his crate with those locking mats and he would chew them up. However, I went and got a Primo Pad at a local dog show and am in love with it. When he gets sick to his stomache all I have to do is wipe it down with a disenfectant or spray it down with a water hose and wipe it dry. Its waterproof, tear proof and guaranteed or your money back. I promise it will be the last time you have to buy another bed.

Don't know about the bed for sure but I do know about a disposable cover that will keep the bed clean. It will keep you away from the washing machine or buying another bed soon. Look at www.KleenSheets.com. They are great!!!

Hey Muncie,

Hope you have found what you are looking for.

Sometimes dogs can be picky about dog beds, but I found one that has good reviews and looks like a winner. You can find a picture of it on my blog on dogsbed.whirlwindz.com

Good luck

I found a site called dogcheapsleeps.com that sells vinyl waterproof dog bed and pad covers. They will custom size the cover very inexpensively.

♥Button♥

drsfosterandsmith.com has a ruff and tuff dog bed and is water resistant

♥Button♥ answered on 8/26/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Jersey Girl, HIC

if you have the space for it a baby's crib mattress is a good choice. They are cheaper than most large dog beds, more supportive, and because they have a vinyl outer layer they are waterproof and can be wiped off easily to clean.

Jersey Girl, HIC answered on 6/8/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer