Dog ate my babies dirty diaper?????

why would my dog do this? should i have her put down?

Asked by Member 938348 on Jan 23rd 2010 in Behavior & Training

Answers

I would certainly hope you are not serious!!!!!!!!! Dogs eat lots of things that we don't find appetizing... dirty diapers is high on their list of good things. There is no reason to have her put down for doing something that comes naturally to a dog!!!
You do need to keep an eye on her and make sure she doesn't get a blockage from the diaper... if she is vomiting and/or straining to poop, get her to your vet ASAP.

Yes, I hope you are not serious about putting her down!

Dogs eat there own poop, and other dogs poop. They eat a lot of things, and there mostly always fine. Dogs have a strong immune system, and they can eat almost anything. Howard has eaten a dead bird, and a squirrel that he caught, he is fine.

There are also Hunting Dogs, they are hunter, they catch birds, squirrels, ducks, etc. They hold them in there mouth, and they are always fine.

Howard has eaten dirty diapers before, no he has ever gotten sick, even though it is gross.

Your dog might of done it, because it had your scent on it, or the babies scent, some dogs just eat things like that, or she thought it was a toy.

Please, do not put your dog down. It is not the right thing to do, as what you are talking about.

First, did your dog pass the diaper? Hopefully, its not stuck inside of her. If she doesn't pass it, take her to the vet. As for eating things we deem inappropriate, here's a list of what a Golden we used have ate: house plants, house trees, dirt, dog poop, cat poop, trash, the sofa 2x, ate through the laundry room wall into the garage, my address book, gum, barbies heads, magazines, books, furniture, woodwork & rugs. That's just the short list. How old is your dog? Most dogs grow out of "the chewing things up stage". Does she have toys and bones? Make sure she can't get to the diapers. If you insist on having her put down, then find her a new home first.

holly

put down for eating a diaper? wow, I wonder what happens to the kids in your house when they eat boogers. The kid wasn't in the diaper right? Then take a chill pill, make sure the dog is pooping normally and not puking for the next few days and read some behavior and training books.

holly answered on 1/23/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 2 Report this answer

Ruby

Why do people like you even have dogs? Isn't it your responsibility to make sure your dog doesnt eat things like diapers? Just like it's your responsibility to make sure your baby doesnt eat feces or pills. So...if you ask me who needs to be put down here.............don't get anymore petsor have anymore babies please......you are much too ignorant, i honestly can't believe you are thinking of putting down a dog for eating a diaper.....because you were not watching your dog.

Ruby answered on 1/24/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

This has got to be a joke, right?

If it's not, it might be one of the stupidest things I've ever heard. I'm sorry, but I've really lost my cool on this one.

A dog gets into things. It's not his fault, it's YOUR fault for letting him have access to dirty diapers.

Should he be put down for this? No way.

My suggestion to your problem would be to consider re-homing him to a family who has enough common sense and love for him to value his life enough to take care of him properly.

Honestly, this kind of question makes me want to cry out of sheer frustration.

Probably another troll trying to have some cheap fun at the expense us passionate dog lovers...
Guest, if you are not a troll, I apologize.

Leo

Simple. Pay more attention to what your dog is doing and make sure anything he/she shouldnt be eating is not reachable. I can't believe putting your dog down is even a thought on your mind.

Leo answered on 1/25/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer