Peppy

Does It hurt a dogs ears to hear a high pitch noise such as flute ?

I have a 10 month old Chihuahua. He is very active and loves to play. My daughter has a recorder (the ones you get in elementary school) and she loves to play, but our chi pup howls whenever he hears it. We wanted to know if it was hurting his ears ? He is always wagging his tail as she plays and comes running, but he howls uncontrollably. We dont want to harm him.

Asked by Peppy on Jul 21st 2009 Tagged howling, howl, high, pitch, noise, bark, whistle, recorder in Other Behavior & Training

Answers

Leila

Maybe the sound just stirs him up :) My daughter has a recorder & Leila doesn't seem to care. Maybe if your daughter plays in a room with the door closed, or while your Chi is outside, but that wouldn't really fix the "problem" if you don't want him to bark at the recorder anymore. I think he just likes that noise. Leila ALWAYS howls when she hears weird/funky noises on the TV but I know she enjoys it, it gets her all wound up but I think all she's trying to do is somehow "protect" us from the noises that come from our television, BOL! But I think Peppy is just goin' nuts about it, no real problem ;)

Leila answered on 7/21/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer