Princess

Does anyone think an indoor dog park, would be a good idea in Tampa,Florida? Would you take your dogs there?

We would offer more than just a park, there would be everything! What do you think?

Asked by Princess on Jun 30th 2009 in U.S. Southeast

Answers

I think that's a great idea!..Make sure to look into insurance & such!

Stormy

In Florida, yes it would be a good idea. But you have to take into consideration that indoor play areas get peed in/on JUST as much as outdoor areas. Not every owner cleans up every mess 100% of the time, so you would have to figure out who cleans what because the smell will turn people off quick! I work at a boarding facility and we have an indoor play area on bad weather days and almost every playgroup SOMEONE is bound to pee or poo inside. And once one dog goes and its left for more than 1 minute, another dog is bound to find it and mark over it.

Also, depending on flooring, water can make the surface slippery for dogs that are running around.

It would be nice to have something out of the sun (I used to live in Ft Lauderdale). That or just have a big circus tent canopy shelter outdoors but all shaded with mesh cloth above!

Stormy answered on 6/30/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Max

In my area (western NY) there are lots of indoor doggie daycares & training centers that have playgroups in the evening. Around here, it's ~$5/ supervised play group. Not quite what you are talking about but I thought it might be a reference point.
www.magictouchanimalbehavior.com
www.purrfectpawsabc.com

Max answered on 7/2/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

I just got online specifically looking for any indoor dog park in the Tampa area. I have a dog who is getting older and in desperate need of more excercise, but the heat here (especially now that it is summer) gets her overheated in no time. It's a great idea, I hope you can come up with something that works!

Your wondering about the dogs "relieving" themselves indoors. Have you checked into K9 grass? If not, just google it & it has some pretty good information there on different types of indoor grass, how it's installed and vent systems.

YES!!!!!!!! Please!!!!!!!!!!!!! It rains a lot here and it is too hot most of the time to take my dog out. I'm always searching on the net to see if anyone has opened one.

Bailey

absolutely i was just saying that y'day - it's too hot to take them to the park in the summer..

Bailey answered on 5/27/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer