Does anyone know the average age of dog owners in the US?

I am planning on starting a small company and I need the average age of dog owners in the US? I can't seem to find that information anywhere on line. Thanks:)

Asked by Member 655561 on Jul 15th 2008 in News & Events

Answers

It can be as low as 9, and it can be as big as 83. It CAN be lower or higher but that's the average age. Hope this help!!!
Princess

I don't have an official statistic, but this may help... most pet businesses find that targeting to young to middle-aged women is most effective, since they make the majority of pet purchases and use pet services more frequently than other groups.

Daisy,  ADOPTED!!!!!

I don't think that there are any official statistics. They can be as young as 8 to 100. You could always make your own poll and post it somewhere so that you'd be able to figure out the average age.

Daisy, ADOPTED!!!!! answered on 8/5/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer