Does anyone have any recommendations for a treatball for an aggressive chewer?

I have a Beagle who is a very agressive eater and chewer. As such, about 1.5 years ago I started using treatballs to challange her more when giving her treats. It's fun for her and for us, and she loves to get a new puzzle to figure out. Except now, she's found that it's easier to just break it in half or tear it open to get at the good stuff inside. I started with something simular to the Genious Leo from Kong, which lasted about 6 months, then she tore it open from the bottom up. We replaced it, she tore that one within the first week. So we tried some other merchandise (a small list of what I could easly find on-line for an example):
Premier Busy Buddy Tug-a-Jug Treat Dispensing Dog Toy
Bounce Squeeze Bone Dog Toy

We use the Kong Wobbler feeding toy, and she can't destroy that at all, as it's a hard platic, but we can't use it for treats. We have the Kong Bisquit Ball, and she gets everything out of that fairly quickly (it's too easy). Advice please!

Asked by Member 1065169 on Feb 8th 2012 Tagged chewtoys, treats, treatballs, treats, toys in Toys

Answers

Buddy

If you get the Kong that looks like a rounded pyramid, they now sell a cheap whipped cream like snack that is easy to put into the Kong. There is always that little bit in there that they cannot get to so they work on it for hours!
-Buddy

Buddy answered on 2/9/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Zoey

This is what we use for our German Shepherds. They can chew up all kinds of things and even though this one is a little damaged I have had it for over a year and it is still going.
www.premier.com

Zoey answered on 2/9/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Just a regular Kong would work.There are bones i think they are femur bones from a pig,there is a hollow part of the bone to where you can put different sorts of treats.Since your dog is an aggressive chewer i would put peanut butter and yogurt inside and put the bone in the freezer for a few hrs. then give to your dog. My dog is also an agressive chewer and he loves peanut butter and yogurt. You can use a Galeio its not a treat dispencer toy but the material they use for the bone is not plastic like some of the man made chew bones for dogs are. Its made by nylabone and its safe for the dog to eat. If your dog is just bored when it chews you can hide its certain favorite toys throughout the house to stimulate him more. i hope this works for you. Im in school to be a dog trainer, i learned alot of this stuff just a few months back.