Sweetie *In loving memory*

Do you think she IS a Great Dane? and what can I do with her? (ANSWER NOW! she will be put to sleep 8/20)

My mom said that the person giving her away said she is a Great Dane (Sweetie) and I was thinking she is a Lab mix she used to be a really dark/shiny black and now she is a dull black/grey
and her ears are different.just go to her profile
and also what can i do with her? she is being put down tomorrow (8/20) and i want this to be the best night of her life! i can do anything with her between 5:00 PM - 10:00 PM she will be put down tomorrow(8/20) at 9:00 AM its so painful to think about it.

THANKS!

Asked by Sweetie *In loving memory* on Aug 19th 2008 in Great Dane

Answers

She does look like a Lab mix to me also. Great Danes will have floppy ears unless they are cropped, so her ears wouldn't really tell you a lot either. Are you going to be adopting her?

I am so sorry to read your story knowing that this beautiful dog (no matter what the breed or mix of breeds) is sick and needs to not suffer anymore. I know your pain and the pain of your family. I think what she needs most is to know that you love her and just being with her will be more than enough.

Please take care and know that she has had a good life. 12 years old for a large dog is REALLY old.

My thoughts are with you.

~Emma~ RL1

I am really bad at guessing breeds, but could she have a mastiff in her background? Like a lab/mastiff/great dane mix??

Since there is a health issue...Is it ok to take a short walk all together as a family? Maybe go sit at the park, maybe even a picnic.

If Emma was leaving me, I would give her anything she wanted to eat, so it would probably a lot of string cheese. Just sit with her, pet her, and if it helps talk about all of the great memories with her.

I am so sorry for the struggle you are going through. Our thoughts and prayers are with you at this difficult time.

~Emma~ RL1 answered on 8/19/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Taser

Great Dane and Black Lab
And although the thought of losing her is painful, try to think about the gift you are giving her. We are much kinder to our animals than we are to each other when it comes to euthanaisa. It sounds as though she may be in pain herself with the hip dysplasia and the cancer so think of this as a gift, you can end her pain suffering. And in return she will be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge.
Taser

Taser answered on 8/19/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

So sorry to hear that is being PTS...
She looks like a Great Dane/Lab mix to me.

She looks like a lab mix to me but mixed with what else I have no idea.
I am sorry to hear about tomorrow. I think the best thing you can do, is love her. She will know you loved her until the end and nothing else is better. Pet her, talk to her and just be with her.
My thoughts are with you.

♥Tiffy♥

This just saddens my heart. The best thing you can do with and for her in her last hours are to take her for a very long and eventful walk and maybe to the dog park. Dogs bond best with their owners by going for a walk. I would just shower her with TLC. Maybe play a couple of games of fetch. Give her a massage and/or a belly rub. She will appreciate any time with her family no matter what the activity is. Just try to make her last day on earth very special.

♥Tiffy♥ answered on 8/20/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I am very sorry for Sweetie.
My opinion about her breed is that she's a Great Dane/Labrador Retriever.Also,some mastif might have been thrown in there.
Rest in peace beautiful girl