Do you know why my Siberian husky is so skinny no matter if it eats it dog food it won't get fat it gets skinnier !! Why

Plz just answer

Asked by Member 1107354 on Apr 23rd 2012 in Health & Wellness

Answers

He needs to go to the vet. It could be a couple different things and the vet is the only one who can diagnose him.

Shasta

I've known some dogs who eat like cows and don't gain an ounce.... but he also could have some sort of intestinal problem or worms [I honestly don't know... I am no expert in health-problems in dogs at all...], so I recommend a vet trip. Make sure his food is good stable protein-filled food. If you feed him dry food..... meat should always be the first ingredient... preferably with no corn/fillers in it...

Best Regards! =D

Shasta answered on 4/23/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Virtus

well i only do this when my dog has diarrhea but it might come in handy for you, i usually boil a chicken breast "make sure no bones or skin to that breast" after you boil it with just water you feed your dog after it cools down, also you can boil some rice and put it with it, but dont use any spices just plain basmaty rice, or whatever brand you want, im pretty sure he will gain some in no time, thats if you went to the vet and nothing is wrong with his insides, take care hope it works for ya :)

Virtus answered on 4/24/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Chase

I would definitely take him to the vet. There are all kinds of reasons why he's not gaining weight but you won't know for sure until you take a trip to the vet.
If the vet finds nothing wrong with your pooch, you can start talking about how to put weight on.
How old is your pup and how much are you feeding him per day? What food is he currently on?

Chase answered on 4/24/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Your dog may just have a very high metabolism. But it could also have worms. The only way to be certain is to go to the vet. Hope this helped! Please answer my question too! Thank you :)