Do you have info on dog's passing away/grief/poems, etc. on your site?

I adopted two beagles, litter mates, at ages 8(female)and 9(male), and the female passed away yesterday at 14yo. Her bro. has always been the anxious one while she was the more indep. and dominant of the two. I want to help him the best I can, while I'm also missing her very much...

Asked by Member 460166 on Dec 15th 2007 in Behavior & Training

Answers

So sorry for your loss--our girl is gone 3 yrs. & it still hurts! There is a wonderful site at "petsonthenet.co.nz". Go to "poems & prayers for pets". I especially like the one by Rudyard Kipling. They also have a section on grief & loss. You'll cry, but it's worth it! We also ordered a headstone from a guy in Canada (www.faithfulfriends.ca/home.htm) who lasers a picture of your pet with an inscription onto a granite tile for an extremely reasonable price. He gives you instructions for making the concrete setting for it--very easy. It's such a comfort to look out my back window and see her looking back. Good luck!