do yorkie have a problem with itching my is scratching herself to much

I give my yorkie a bath every week and I check for flea she does not have any. But she is still scratching herself. and bites herself like she still has flea is it because of her hair or what is making her do this. any help will be great. if you can email me will be great it is josie19603@verizon.net

Asked by Member 1198373 on Nov 8th 2013 in Skin Problems

Answers

Why are you bathing every week? I hope it is not with a flea shampoo, because you are overpesticiding your dog severely. Only bathe when your dog really smells. You are stripping all of the natural oils out of her skin and making this worse. Then, bathe with a shampoo for sensitive skin and a separate conditioner. Get her dipped separately for fleas by the groomer, and you will see an improvement. ^_^