Do Vizslas and German Shepherds make good dog "brothers"?

My husband and I are the proud owners of a 5yo Vizsla. He is truly a member of our family and the love of my life. A trooper friend of ours has recently retired his K9 narcotics dog, a 9yo German Shepherd. We are considering adopting him and are wondering if Vizslas/German Shepherds make for good dog "brothers". Any information or insight on bringing the two breeds together in a house hold or on what to expect/consider from a retired K9 is appreciated.

Asked by Member 1175789 on Jun 17th 2013 Tagged vizsla, germanshepherd, adoption, k, narcotics, dog, retired, police, drug in Breeds

Answers

It depends on the individual dog. Are the dog's dog aggressive? Most dogs are going to get along differently. Try the GSD out and see if it works for you.