Do Thunder Shirts really work? My rat terrier is terrified of storms and I don't want to keep giving her meds for it.

Asked by Member 1105926 on Apr 15th 2012 in Pet Products

Answers

Apollo

There has been a very high success rate with these. I have seen them at Petco now too so you don't have to order offline and can return if it doesn't work. While they won't work for every dog, I have been shocked at the incredible turn around some dogs have made and it would be my first choice before I tried medication on my own dogs.

Apollo answered on 4/16/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

I've heard they work pretty well. You could also add in a calming spray as well. My mom has used PETfection Calming Spray on her dog and she thinks it works well at reducing anxiety. You can spray it on your dog's bed, toys, collar, etc. The scent will help calm her down. You could even spray it on the thunder shirt too!

I've heard many great reviews on the Thundershirt. You can never tell until you try, it's not going to work for every dog but it does work for most from what I've heard. Do try it, though!

Tiara

I work at Petsmart. And the people i have talked to that have bought it seem to be running more in favor of them working then not working. So I guess the only thing you can do is give it a try.

Tiara answered on 4/18/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Liebchen

Worked great for my Liebchen! Check out the videos on before and after on this site:
www.pamperedpawgifts.com

Liebchen answered on 5/10/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer