Willow

Do most guinea Pigs get along with dogs?

My dog is very sweet.She never chases animals or anything, but my guinea pig is a little bit scared of her.My guinea pig usually bites her when she is scared. Is there a reason?

Asked by Willow on Apr 24th 2010 Tagged smallguineapigs in Other Behavior & Training

Answers

Brutus

I suggest that you keep your Guinea Pig and Willow seperated. You never know what could happen. Especially because your Guinea Pig is nervous around Willow.

Brutus answered on 4/24/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

your guinea pig is biting the dog because your dog is a huge animal and he is making sure he is not going to be eaten. He is a prey animal. Dogs chase and attack prey animals. not saying your dog will it is just natural for your little buddy to be scared. Willow is a good puppy :)

Augustus James

All my guineas snuggle next to the dogs. However, if your guinea is nervous that can be dangerous to its health. Guineas should be kept calm. They can die from being scared without showing any signs of illness. Keep them away especially if they chatter their teeth or snort like a bull. That means they're mad.

Augustus James "Gus" answered on 4/24/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer