Booker

Do dogs get brain freeze?

Asked by Booker on Feb 4th 2008 in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

There's no way to know. And it would be pretty hard to find out, I'd think. Though dogs are fast eaters, I always noticed that they lick ice cream slowly. Maybe they do it slow to prevent brain freeze?

Dudley

I am going to go with its possible, or actually its probable. Just because we can't tell if the dog is having a "brain freeze" doesn't mean it is effected by eating something cold. Dogs react differently to some stimuli then a human does.

What happens when we eat something cold is a nerve in our mouth sends a signal to our brain causing certain blood vessals to swell like which makes us feel the "brain freeze." It is more then likely the same thing happens to dogs.

But maybe next time you go to the vet you can ask, and then let us all know :)

Dudley answered on 2/4/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

HERBIE

I SAY YES WE GET BRAIN FREZE.... WHEN MOMMIE GIVES ME ICE POPS...AND I EAT IT TOO FAST I SHAKE MY HEAD AND FLOP MY EARS BACK AND FORTH....
AND EVEN THOUGH THIS HAPPENS I KEEP COMING BACK FOR MORE

HERBIE answered on 2/4/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Odie-Wan-Kenobi  CGC

I don't know.... If they do they sure don't tell us :)

Odie-Wan-Kenobi CGC answered on 2/4/08. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer