Billy

Do beagle-boxer mixes need sweaters?

I have a 5-year-old beagle/boxer mix. He is about beagle size with short hair. Winter is coming up and where I am at now can get down to about 20 degrees F but I will be moving somewhere that can get to -20F Do you think he should have a coat?

Asked by Billy on Oct 16th 2013 Tagged winter, sweater in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

I would think about winter booties before a coat. I would also contact a vet where you are moving and ask what people normally do up there. It's good to have a vet for on-call before his annual appointment. I would also invest in some paw pad cream, because even with booties, 0 degree conditions can dry out the paws and nose. There are also indoor dog parks up there, so look for one in your area and sign up so your dog can have some pals. ^_^