Do any of my dogs look like pitbulls?

I've got three dogs which are lovely natured and live in harmony. Two dogs I received from the same litter, Kingston and Montego. I then have a bitch called Yallahs. I was lead to believe that Kingston and Montego were American Bulldog X Staffordshire Bull Terrier mix. Yallahs is a Rottweiler X American Bulldog mix which I know as I saw the Sire and Dam and have no concerns. I'm just concerned as to what breed Kingston and Montego look like as I believe (although no one else does) that they look like 'pitbulls'.

Here's a picture of them all:
i44.tinypic.com

(Montego is on the left, Yallahs in the middle and Kingston to the right)

What do you guys think?

Asked by Member 1105624 on Apr 13th 2012 Tagged breed, pitbull, mix in Mixed Breeds

Answers

Staffordshire Bull Terriers ARE "pit bulls". Pit Bull refers to TYPE and not 1 specific breed. It typcally encompasses three breeds: the American Pit Bull Terrier, the American Staffordshire Terrier, and the Staffordshire Bull Terrier. So yes, they would be considered pit bull mixes if what you were told is correct. Why are you concerned?

Shasta

Yes, Pit Bull is a very general term.... It SHOULD only encompass Staffordshire Terrier, American Staffordshire, and American Pit Bull Terrier [as well as the extinct Blue Paul Terrier & the Irish Staffordshire] BUT it sadly is being used more widly... it's used to describe virtually any dog who's got a solid muscular build, short fur, and a square head. [Dogos, Rott mixes, Lab mixes, and many many many others get thrown into the "Pit Bull" category only too often....]

Your dogs are all beautiful. And I would say that Yes, Kingson and Montego are "Pitbull mixes" There's nothing wrong with owning a "Pit bull"... heck they're one of the best breeds out there in my personal opinion!

Your dogs are very gorgeous & you should be proud to own them :)

Best Regards!

Shasta answered on 4/14/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Rocket

They are definitely pit mixes and there is nothing to worry about if you are worried, pit bulls are beautiful and wonderful dogs.

Rocket answered on 4/14/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Maggie Mae

My sister Susie and I are American Bulldog/Pitbull mixes and I don't think we look like Montego or Kingston, but every mix is different. It doesn't matter what breed your dog is. A dog is a dog is a dog. That's what we live by here every day.

Maggie Mae answered on 4/15/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer