Brutus

Do all dogs have a tickle spot?

My dogs both do on their tummies. Do all dogs have a spot that tickles them?

Asked by Brutus on Apr 22nd 2010 Tagged tickle, spot in Other Behavior & Training

Answers

I think a lot of dogs do have a bundle of nerves near the center of the belly. Whether or not all dogs are sensitive to touch there might vary a bit.

I had a friend with a Wheaten Terrier who always came back from the groomer with a big tuft of fur left there. Turns out it was his ticklish spot and every time they tried to shave or cut the fur there, he'd go crazy and all four legs would go in different directions!

Hector

Okay, as a response to Jack, Im ROTFLMAO!!! That is too funny.

But Brutus, every dog I have ever had, has had several tickle spots. My oldest dog Hector is so huge, I try not to tickle him, it is not easy for him to kick his leg. The others seem to enjoy it, so I will give them a little tickle from time to time. But in my experience, everyone I have encountered has had them, even if some are not as sensitive as others.

My pit, Bo can clean and lick his belly, when he nips it a little, his leg will kick. I think he is tickling himself on purpose.

Hector answered on 4/22/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Hi, Brutus!

Not all dogs have their favorite scratch spot. Some dogs don't like to be scratched. My dog, Woody has a scratchy spot. Woody likes to be scratched on his chest, his leg starts going crazy. This means they love to be scratched in that spot.

For my dog it is her feet :) Or the itchy spot is her chest under her hair. :)