Dear all , I am new on this forum.. I own St Bernard Male puppy 75 days weight 15 kg ...I am feeding Royal canin Giant

Asked by Member 1170512 on May 16th 2013 in Food & Nutrition

Answers

Your question got cut off. Royal Canin is a horrible brand of dog food filled with fillers. Switch to a high quality, no grain dog food. Look into feeding Orijen, Acana, Fromm, Taste of the Wild, Canidae Grain Free, Timberwolf Organics, SoJos, Evo, Earthborn or Merrick instead of Royal Canin.

Howard is biased... Royal is a GREAT food. You should be feeding Giant puppy though. When my Pookie was dying at age 17, all she would eat was Royal. Without it, I'm not sure if she would have eaten at all. There are plenty of foods for everyone; Royal is one of only three prescription vet food manufacturers in the U.S. One of my animals loves his Royal prescription food- without it he would die because he has a heart murmur and is too old for another surgery. Beware of foods made in Canada b/c their pet food laws are not as stringent as in the U.S. (Royal is made in Missouri). Nutro (Royal's sister company) is great too, and more natural. ^_^