Could the seizures that killed let me to put her down been caused from dehydration?

My 10 year old bff died on tuesday;-(i had to put her down after she had multiple seizures for about 40 minutes before i got her to the vet. she was on antibiotics for blood in her stool 2 weeks before. She drank a little ocean water the day before and threw up a lot. I also noticed diarrhia 2 days before. 2 days before she ate some grass and threw that up to.Do you think she may have been dehydrated which caused the seizures? They say it might have been a brain tumor also. Her blood panel showed her white blood cell count was off and her thyroid level was 5.5. I gave her thyroxine everyday. I just am so devastated i cant stop thinking of what I could have done differently to save her life.I just wonder if i should have made her drink more water and this might now have happened.Sorry to ramble on just trying to find some answers. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Asked by Member 99492 on Mar 8th 2012 in Loss of a Pet

Answers

butabean biscuit

as far as seizures,,you probably couldnt have helped that.i had to put mine down last year because that last seizure just did him in.he had had them for years& actually had done brain damage.he had become aggressive & even seemed not to realize things that he had been used to as far as our regular routine.it sounds like you done your best,,,thats all you can do.

butabean biscuit answered on 3/9/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Kazba

I know how you feel, you always think you could have done more. I have been there. Sometimes there is just nothing else that can be done. I know it is very hard right now. But try to remember the good times, and do not keep bringing up the bad and blame yourself. you did your best and that is all your pet could ask of you. I am sorry for your loss, and take care.

Kazba answered on 3/9/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer