could my puppy have diarrhea due to moving to our house down south?

we brought our puppy home yesterday from north wales and we live in bournemouth over 250 miles away, he did not have diarrhea last night but as the days gone on has developed it, could this be down to the stress of moving him? or the mineral difference in the water between the two areas? but i also think he may have got hold of some of my cats food, he has the vet on monday for his second jab, he has been eating and drinking, quite sleepy at times but his also still playful aswell, please could i have some advise,thanks

Asked by Member 1062134 on Oct 8th 2011 in Other Puppies

Answers

Alikazam

It's not uncommon for a puppie to have loose stool for any or all of the reasons you stated. I wouldn't be too concerned unless it lasts more than a couple days. You can try canned pumpkin or a bland diet of boiled chicken and rice. Sometimes just fasting for 24 hrs can do the trick.. The biggest concern is dehydration so offer plenty of fluids. Try to stay away from antibiotics since they destroy the internal flora in the digestive tract. U can also offer a probiotic supplement or yogurt with active cultures if it doesnt clear up in a couple days.

Alikazam answered on 10/8/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

yes, or constipation too. that is something that might be normal. If your dog is sensitive a change in water can also do that too.
Make sure he doesn't eat anything odd either and that could be the cat food. I would feed small meals of his regular diet and keep him away from cat food.
if dirrehea continues for more then 2 days see your vet it could dehydrate a puppy too much.

Tinta

1. Yes. Maybe it is adapting/ stress from moving, it is happen to my Pal, he got a husky whose very sensitive.
2. Yes. Maybe it eat something that's bad to her tummy.
3. Worst thing, it is sick. If in next day it getting worst, than it's the same thing happen with my pup. I brought her to vet.

For diarrhea you may can use activated carbon in small dosage, it will stop diarrhea in a day. You should make sure it won't get dehydrate, I give her Oral rehydration therapy. works well for my dog without complication. The Vet also say that it is save. And make sure nobody annoy it at the moment, because stress could be a problem.

Hope that it will get well soon.

Tinta answered on 10/11/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer