Skye

Could my dog have a fungal infection?

I noticed that Skye has got patches of yellow fungus like growths on her paw pads, I thought it was just the paws being worn out at first but now looking at it, it looks like an infection. Between her toes seem to be rather red, but I'm not sure if that's natural or not. I do suspect it could maybe be an allergic reaction as she sometimes gets rashes and spots on her belly. I feel like I should just go to the vet but my mum always says it costs far to much when they just tell us what we already know.

Asked by Skye on Jan 3rd 2013 Tagged fungus, paw, skin, infection, allergies in Skin Problems

Answers

It sounds to me like she needs a vet visit. If you get it taken care of now, it will be a lot cheaper to treat than if it gets really bad. Good Luck!

I would probably take her to the vet, but if your mom won't take her, you might try PETfection Paw Cream or Hot Spots/Wound Spray on them. Both products are 100% Organic and non-toxic, and will help clear up the infection, reduce redness, take away any itching/stinging sensation. I would say some treatment is better than none! Hope this helps, best of luck.