Minnie

Collapsing trachea dental work and anesthetics need to be done. I'm nervous! Help

Hi everyone! Minnie is 6 and needs a lot of dental care with possible extractions. She does however have a collapsing trachea. I am extremely nervous and worried that giving Minnie anesthetics will worsen her trachea condition, since they are given by a tube down the throat. Is there any tips or info you all can share with Minnie and I for her best recovery? Things to ask for during and after procedure. Please help!

Asked by Minnie on Aug 19th 2013 Tagged collapsing, trachea, surgery, dental, cleaning, extraction in Health & Wellness

Answers

I was pleasantly surprised when Orion was able to have sedation dentistry instead of being put out for a recent cleaning. It saved $$ and his teeth were great after. Your small dog's mouth might be too far gone for that though, especially if she eats wet food regularly. My friend's pom pom just cost her 3k for dental extractions. You can go to see a vet dentist for a 2nd opinion, and it's never too late to start with one teenie Greenie a day to clean teeth and freshen breath, vet dental association (VOHC) approved! ^_^