Colby

Colby has a red area by his belly. Not scratching or digging. Called the vet said to watch it any suggestions

He hasn't dug at it. It's just red

Asked by Colby on Oct 23rd 2013 in Health & Wellness

Answers

There are OTC gels like dermasol that you can apply, but I would suggest listening to your vet because some topicals can irritate skin. These can be chewed at by your pet and turn into infections without monitoring. Offer a treat of you see him interested in the area to distract him. Nutro crunchies in sweet carrot are good for training, smell great and are only 6 calories a piece. ^_^

It could be a rash or an irritation. Taking him for the vet to see it would be better than merely calling him.

Shasta

You can get hot spot spray and other topical gels to help relieve irritation/prevent infection.

If I were you, I'd say try a couple hot spot remedies (you can find them at the local feed store or pet store), if it gets worse, or doesn't go away in a few days, then it's probably time to get him checked by the vet.

(Right now, Shasta is getting a skin bummer... Probably due to him getting older, so his skin is easily irritated as well as less able to fight off allergies/infections. I started giving him brewers yeast tablets, that's been helping a lot.)

Best wishes, hope Colby gets better soon!

Shasta answered on 10/25/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer