Roman

Chest pain? Leg pain? Back pain? Something else?

Recently I've noticed a bunch of little problems with my dog. He has been more lethargic than usual. On walks he walks slowly, isn't interested in playing with a neighborhood dog who he loves to rough house with, and when he spots a squirrel, rather than chasing it down with amazing speed he slowly stalks it. A few nights ago he sat on my fiances lap and he said it felt like he was shaking, but it eventually stopped. We though it might have been because he was in pain from an eye infection he has. I've picked him up a couple times and when I went to put him down (holding him under his front legs) he squealed - like a mix between a sharp intake of breath and a yelp. The other night he was lying down on the floor and I was petting him and he started to roll over onto one side then yelped then rolled over on the other side. Sometimes he trembles. He doesn't jump up on me when he's excited, which he used to do a lot, just wags tail. Yes I'm taking him to a vet, but can't get in right away.

Asked by Roman on Nov 8th 2008 in Other Health & Wellness

Best Answer

Is it possible he could have been exposed to a tick? Lymes disease often presents as alternating and inexplicable lameness.
Or it could be something else... Like a slipped disc in his neck/back, or a hip problem. Its hard to say without any testing.

Bam-Bam, CGC answered on Nov 8th.

There Are No Other Answers