Mocha

Can my puppy eat apples?

Asked by Mocha on Jul 21st 2010 in Food & Nutrition

Best Answer

Buckeye

Dogs can safely eat apples, as long as you keep them in small portions and don't feed too many at once. I always found that removing the peel, and cutting them in to very small pieces and feeding a few works the best. Puppies can struggle with chewing the peel, so its always best to skin the apple before feeding. Remember that apples are a high sugar content. Too much sugar is not good for dogs, much less young puppies.

Make sure that you do not feed Mocha any seeds or the core of the apple. Choking can result if you do so. Good luck and I hope this answer helped.

Buckeye answered on Jul 21st.

Answers

Yes they can. I have bought apple treats in the past I had a dog years ago that loved green apples until one day he ate to many and got sick. He never touched them again after that.

Yes, I'm sure apples are fine, but be careful about it. If Mocha is very young, apples could cause teeth deformation if she doesn't have her permanent teeth. Other than that, take out ALL SEEDS and the core (seeds are poisenous, core is a possible choking item.) It's best to peel & cube the apple (and feed in small portions)...

PS- very cute dog!!! :)

They contain quite a bit of sugar, but are ok in small portions, particularly for a small puppy.

Yes, your dog can eat apples. They are safe to eat.

Apples contain a natural sugar which is safe for both people and dogs to eat. I give my dog's apples all the time.

Lewis

Absolutely your dog can eat apples. My boxer (they have notoriously sensitive tummies) loves a few cut up pieces of apple as a treat. Not to mention banana and the odd orange slice. He loves strawberries and avocado.
Fruit is great for your dog in small doses but do not try to make a meal out of it.

Lewis answered on 7/22/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer