Can you receive breeding papers on a puppy after you purchase him. The breeder wants to charge me 500 dollars.

He is a Olde English Bulldogge

Asked by Member 1163124 on Apr 3rd 2013 in Puppies

Answers

I don't know what registry you are dealing with, but I do know that the AKC does not allow the "selling" of papers. They will issue them directly to you IF they find any breeder actually charging more for the same puppy with papers than without.
Furthermore, a reputable breeder would certainly NOT condone nor use this practice. Papers are part of the puppy package and are not "sold" as a separate deal. They can be withheld, but only with a written explanation to the AKC, and the price should be the same with or without papers.

Cobain ADC, SGDC, CGN

"Olde English Bulldogge" is not a real breed according to any reputable registry. So the papers "breeding" or not are essentially worthless.

Not sure why you'd want to breed an unrecognized (likely untested) dog in the first place.

Cobain ADC, SGDC, CGN answered on 4/22/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer