Sammie

Can you help me identify this strange behavior?

My 3 year old lab mix who I have had since she was 9 weeks old has recently started acting strange in the house. When I am sitting down she nudges at me with her nose, paws at me and whines. She will do this no matter how much exercise I have given her. We came back from an hour run yesterday and she sat next to me trying to get my attention. I give her plenty of affection when she is not acting this way and we have tried puzzle toys to keep her mind busy. I did recently move but I am not sure that the behavior is related to the move because when I brought her to my parents house (where she grew up) for a weekend she acted the same way. Any thoughts on what she could be trying to tell me?

Asked by Sammie on Mar 25th 2014 Tagged whining, anxiety in Other Behavior & Training

Answers

My dogs do that when they want something, like a treat, a walk, to play, to be petted, to go out or if their water bowl happens to be empty. You just have to figure out what she wants.

She is still adjusting in her new environment. Make sure you give her much guidance, love and attention for her to get used easily with her surroundings.

Otis - Dachhund mix

Perhaps you could try showing her affection when she's behaving like that. She just might want 'cuddle time'.

Otis - Dachhund mix answered on 4/2/14. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer