Griffin'

can you give your dog Beano or some other gas relief pill (for humans)?

My Aussie Shepherd Mix has been having awful gas lately. While we know that he had suffered from diarrhea for 2 days, he's now doing better. But he still is so gassy that I can barely stand having him around without scented candles. (My co-workers in the office have already complained several times about my stinky lil' pup.) I don;t even want to imagine how much the doggy must suffer...

Asked by Griffin' on Apr 3rd 2009 in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

Gas is a sign of digestive upset. If you aren't feeding a good high quality kibble already (NOT something you can get at the supermarket or Wal Mart), then I suggest you switch. Also, throw in a good probiotic to balance out the good bacteria and in his gut and he should be good to go.
And no, no beano.

Bam-Bam, CGC answered on 4/3/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Yes, a Good Probiotic will help the gas and add a healthy balance to the intestines.
Here is a good one - YOUR baby will need 1 per day for about 30 days- After the 30 days you may still want to continue for another 30 days....
all natural and safe:
Flora Force by Nature's Sunshine:
Probiotic : Flora Force:
www.mynsp.com