Law Lampkin

Can you give a dog goat milk, and is it good for them?

Asked by Law Lampkin on Jun 27th 2009 in Other Food & Nutrition

Answers

I beleive you are able to give a dog goats milk. ( guess) Goats milk is spose to be better for younger kids, and it don't have all the harsh cemicals. If I had a goat, I would give my dog goats milk. Ask your vet, and see what they have to say.

I use to do this when our dog had too many pups in a litter.
but that was for a baby who was still suckling the mom dog.
Also remember they carry parasites from their milk as well. Goats have worms.
So if the milk is unpasterized you are taking risks.
But, if the pup is over 8 weeks there is no need for goats milk, it will make them sick.

K-10 Von Canein

Goat milk is great for your dog, and you too! Even the truly educated food safety experts know that raw, sanitary goat milk is safer than the processed milk you buy in a store. As for the guy or girl who said goat milk has worms, then I guess I and my family must also, as we drink goat milk every day, and have never had a problem with it. Pasturized milk will eventually give you all kinds of medical problems, but not raw milk if it is from a sanitary animal. Our dog gets 2 cups of goat milk per day, 7 pounds of beef, an apple, some tomatoes, some other fruits, and some veggies. Because his is such a high dollar dog, he is vet checked quite often, and has never had any worms. The average german shepherd is only around 85 pounds. Our puppy, by the age of 7 months, weighed 82.3 pounds and by the age of 11 months weighed 98. He is now over 100, with another year to fill out. That's what goat milk can do for you, as well as other good foods.

K-10 Von Canein answered on 7/2/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Chocolate

Yes, My dog gets goat milk once a week for extra protein,

Chocolate answered on 7/21/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer