CAN YOU BREED MUM AND SON TOGETHER ? WILL THEY TURN OUT NORMAL ?OR ITS NOT POSSABLE

I WANT TO BREED PUPS OUT OF MY BITCH WITH HER SON ? IS IT POSSABLE AND OK TO DO SO ?

Asked by Member 1002374 on Aug 29th 2010 Tagged sonbreedingwithmumisitok in Mixed Breeds

Answers

Petey

You definatly can but they could go crazy some times they are lucky and dont go crazy

Petey answered on 8/29/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Winnie Mae

They probably won't be normal. I wouldn't recommend breeding at all, unless you know what you're doing, and are in it to improve the breed, not make money.

Breeding close relatives, even in humans, creates all sorts of problems. Cleopatra was 'married' to both of her brothers, not good. The last Emperor on the throne from one of the Chinese dynasties was literally insane because he was so inbred.

Winnie Mae answered on 8/29/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

No. And if you ask you shouldn't be breeding dogs. No responsible breeder would do this.

Why not?

Look at this site of the Hapsburgs, the inbred kings, queens and royalty of Spain. By keeping the marriages in the family, cousins, etc. the made a bunch of ugly, deformed and feeble minded offspring. And they try to make them MORE attractive in paintings......eahhhh!

oblongelliptical.blogspot.com

Pepsie

You would just be an irresponsible breeder for inbreeding and the pups will turn out wrong. Don't even try, dang people like this piss be off and please learn to spell.

Pepsie answered on 8/29/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

No, inbreeding dogs that closely related can cause a lot of problems. Some inbreeding is fine if coupled with a good understanding of genetics and if you're breeding for certain characteristics.

Also breeding is something you should not get into unless you've done lots of research and have/had a mentor to teach you the ins and outs--and risks!!--of breeding and so that you can gain hands-on experience.
I've been studying breeding for four years and am still not ready to breed a litter. Not if I'm going to do it responsibly, anyway.

I'm no authority on breeding, but I know enough to tell people why it's not something you just jump into. =)

cookiemiller.tripod.com
~Tiffany, breeder-in-training

Bianca

Biologically speaking, yes the two dogs could breed and produce puppies. But should you do it? No, unless you have a very thorough understanding of canine genetics and have a reason for doing so that would improve the breed.

Breeding within the same line without knowledge of the genetics can pass on recessive traits that cause birth defects and diseases, even if both parents and grandparents appear healthy. I'm sure you don't want that to happen. These conditions can be expensive and difficult (if not impossible) to treat. The owners of the pups you sell will expect you to help pay for the cost of treating congenital defects, which can go into the thousands - for just one puppy. It's an easy way to go bankrupt.

My suggestion is wait a few years, do some serious research on ethical breeding, find a good mentor, and then think about breeding. You want to produce healthy puppies in a responsible way, so they have the best chance at a good life. That takes time and research.

Bianca answered on 8/29/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Jazzy

if you breed these dogs, your just welcoming old and new hereditary diseases to the breed. And the puppies can come out deformed, feeble, unhealthy, sick puppies. If you have to ask then you don't know what your doing and shouldn't be breeding at all. Even breeders who have been breeding for a long time only use dam and sires from different litters to breed cuz they know what can happen if they inbreed their pets.

Jazzy answered on 8/29/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Ch.

This will often cause bad genetic side effects like birth defects & brain damage & overall unhealthy pups...Please leave breeding to the people trying to breed better dogs not just more dogs!

Ch. "Dancer" answered on 8/29/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

It has been done. BUt it really is not a very good idea. Lets say for example the line has heart disease in the past. Well now you are going to double up the chance the dog will have heart problems. Just to be on the safe side , i would go out and breed outside of the family here just to be on the safe side.

Dolce

Why are you even breeding period? Ignorance is not bliss when it comes to the unneccesary and iresponsible breeding of any species. Go to your local animal shelter and see all the animals thrown away there. Have you no shame? By the way if you can do it so can they.

Dolce answered on 8/31/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Troy

most purebreed dogs are inbred weather its mother and son or father and daughter breders do it to get the best pure breed dog my gsp was inbred his father is also his older brother and my dog is kc and has won loads of shows in ring and on field so that is completely up to you

Troy answered on 10/14/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Starbutt

You don't say if they are pure breds but if so do you know pure breds get into the pound and are killed? sometimes the rescues don't have room. Do you know how many unwated pets there are in the world? and the pounds can't keep them forever because there are always more. People get pets for their kids or they think the pup is cute then they have to house train and this doesn't go as easy or the dog has some kind of issue and they put it down . I agree you should not breed if you are thinking of this, you can breed mother and son AKC calls this line breeding I don't like this sort of breeding, If I knew a dog was bred like this I would turn and walk away. I don't feel this is a good idea. I had pups once not planned I told the people if they were not able to keep the pups no matter age to bring them back to me and I would find them a home. will you do this also? I felt this way they would not be in the pound and be killed. to breed to just want pups is not a good enough reason.

Starbutt answered on 4/14/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Gia

NO!!!

It can cuase birth defects and just isnt right.

Plus the more breeders we have the more dogs are on the street!

Gia answered on 7/1/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

It sounds like you dont no what your doing. I do not recommend breeding if you do not no about breeding.