can you bathe a pregnant dog

I just took in a pregnant stray that is very pregnant. Is it ok to give her a bath because she smells terrible.

Asked by Member 535217 on Nov 22nd 2007 Tagged pregnantdog, grooming in Grooming

Answers

As long as you are very gentle when handling her, I see no problem. Unless she is afraid of baths and thrashes around. First try puting her in a tub and see how she reacts. Then go step by step seeing how she reacts each step. If she seems nervous or stressed, stop and consult the advice of a vet.

In addition to the previous post, be sure to put a slip proof mat on the bottom of the tub to prevent the dog from sliding and falling.

Barbie May

Yes just don't use any chemicals on the stomach, flee and tick stuff. Be gentle and remember to rinse real well so no soap is left on the nipples. Also you can also bathe her after she whelps. The puppies sense of smell is very strong, they will nurse just fine.It is false about the bathing fears. I have lots of experience in this department.

Barbie May answered on 11/26/07. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer