Ruby

Can staph go away on it's own?

I noticed that Ruby has three pimple like blisters with puss in it on her belly. To the far right is a red patch that is bigger and loos like a rash. After looking on line I came to realize it's most likely Staph. Is this caused by poor hygiene? I keep her clean, her bed clean......my house is very clean. She is supervized at all times outside so she is not rolling around in anything. Will this go away on it's own? Can it get serious? I searched her whole body and there are not any other pimples/blisters. She does have dandruff which my vet told me was because of the weather being dry. I gave her a bath after I found the blisters and she's acting normal and isnt scratching at them or anything.

Asked by Ruby on Nov 1st 2009 in Skin Problems

Best Answer

I would try a few days of antibiotic cream like neosporin. Wash the area carefully with warm water and soap and then apply the cream twice a day.
Keep an eye on it, if it starts to get worse, then take her to the vet.

answered on Nov 1st.

Answers

♥ Babe ♥

babe had a staff infection. dogs and humans normally have staff bacteria (?) in their body. when something starts it off, it turns into a staff infection. it will not go away on its own tha it needs antibiotics..in babes case they gave us this special kind of antiboiotic cream, and shampoo to put it on the spots. they also gave us antibiotics..within a week it was healed. i think ruby needs to see a vet.......GOOD LUCK! (- :

♥ Babe ♥ answered on 11/1/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Boo

Both humans and animals carry staph on their bodies all the time. Staph can go on a rampage when the immune system is low or there are open lesions for the staph to get into. Yes, it can get out of hand and become a serious complication infecting the entire system (sepsis).

You can add a small amount of oil to her meals to combat the dry, itchy coat, but a trip to the vet for the staph might be the smarter thing to do also.

Boo answered on 11/3/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer