can shar peis eat cheese?

Asked by Member 1064501 on Oct 18th 2011 in Other Food & Nutrition

Answers

Lexie

Its not good for any dog to eat Cheese..

Lexie answered on 10/19/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Cheese is perfectly fine for any breed of dogs. It is pretty fat filled for use as a meal, but as a training treat or special snack in moderation they love it and it will not hurt them.
In fact, if your dog has issues eating his regular diet it is often helpful to sprinkle grated cheese over it to get them to eat.
My dogs get any meds in a cube of cheese and no one refuses it.
Unlike milk, cheese does not have the lactose issues since the lactose has been broken down in the process of making it into cheese.

Cheese is Libby's favorite treat. I don't feed it to her in large quantities, but sometimes I split a string cheese with her. She's fit as a fiddle and it doesn't seem to bother her stomach, which is sensitive.

Cheese is good for any dog to eat, I feed my dog's cheese every day to give them their vitamins with. Cheese won't do any harm, if you feed too much it may give your dog gas or diarrhea but that's all.