can i safely use neosporin or bacteen on my dogs hotspots

My dog has bacterial based hotspots, can i safely use neosporin or bacteen on them? Is it safe if she licks them up?

Asked by Member 1135508 on Oct 12th 2012 Tagged neosporin, hotspots in Health & Wellness

Answers

My hotspot remedy is: shave or trim the fur around the spot..it needs to get air. Clean gently with hydrogen peroxide, then just let it heal on its own. It is important that it stays dry, so prevent licking, if at all possible.
I would not use ointments..they never worked for me.
Others may have some different tips for you

I wouldn't use bacteen or neosporin because of the chemicals. I personally recommend using PETfection Hot Spots/Wound Spray instead. It is 100% Organic and Non Toxic so this one is safe to lick. It will heal up the area quickly and you can use it as often as needed. When I used it on my dog it started scabbing over within 1-2 days. Healed up very nicely! Hope this helps, good luck!