Can I put my new dog in the crate with the pup I've had for a year?

I am adopting a second dog for a "pal" for the dog I've had for a year. My dog has used a crate since I've had him and is perfectly content. It goes without saying that the second pup will have to get along with the first or he/she will not be adopted. I'm curious though if I can have just 1 larger cage for the 2 of them or am I pushing my luck?

Asked by Member 1065999 on Oct 24th 2011 in Crate Training

Answers

I would not make your dog share a crate. It is his private domaine. I would get a second crate for the new dog. Good Luck!

Only one dog per crate. All kinds of things can happen, it isn't big enough to move,it is rather inhumane to do it, to sit, to lay down, there could be a huge fight where both dogs are severly injured. Search craigslist for another crate or use a credit card to go out and buy one big enough for the dog they come in different sizes. I never even put two dogs in one outside kennel and my kennel is 12ft x 6 ft wide.
my answer to this is a big No.