can i kill my dog by putting too much frontline on her. not the spray kind

Asked by Member 876380 on Sep 13th 2009 in Flea & Tick Prevention

Answers

K-10 Von Canein

Sorry, but I don't call it Front line. I call it Funeral Line. Use the internet encyclopedia, and research each ingredient. Would you coat your entire body with niccotine? I'm not talking about a niccotine patch, I mean your whole body! Research the ingredients, then discover why so many dogs die from this garbage!

K-10 Von Canein answered on 9/13/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Chances are yes, but it might require a massive dose. If you have accidently ovewr dosed her, talk to your vet.

While any product can cause bad reactions when used properly, Frontline is widely used with very few problems.

I tend to agree with K-10...I've been raised most of my life with the mindset that you should not rely on the FDA or anyone else to provide you or your pets with adequate nutrition because it's too easy for them to slip some things into the food that causes cancer and other illnesses and/or feed you lies. That my dogs have done so much better on a more natural diet only strengthens my resolve on that. I recently switched my dogs off of commercial flea products and went natural, after doing a little research.

Sure, most dogs may do fine on commercial pet products...but when I read about canine cancer and the like increasing in recent years, I can't help but wonder. Honestly, logically, it is entirely possible that "they" are harming, perhaps even intentionally, our pets and the human race, if you think about it. There could be a conspiracy either way. All we can do is try to stay informed on both sides and come to our own conclusions.

If you mean putting on the bigger vial
I was told it can make them very sick. So with over dosage on anything I suppose you could.
I just got two vials for them, but they gave me a syringe and the exact dosage.
So, if you buy the larger vial, just ask the vet to caculate the rest for the dogs. You use the needle to draw up the Frontline then remove the needle to squirt out the dosage on the skin. You can buy the frontline at the store and ask your vet, they will happily give you the exact dosage and a free syringe with directions.:)