can i give my dog zantac

Can i give my 16 pound lahsa apsa half a zantac for his upset stomach

Asked by Member 932474 on Dec 23rd 2009 Tagged zantac in Health & Wellness

Answers

No, zantac is not safe for dogs.

Most human meds are not safe for dogs, but there are some exceptions.

If you haven't already, the best thing to do is to get him diagnosed. Stomach trouble can be something really as simple as getting into something he shouldn't have or it can be indicative of a larger, more serious or underlying issue.

If you check with your vet first, you may be able to give him half of a pepcid tablet, the regular pill, not the chewable kind.

But I would urge you to get an OK from your vet any and all times you are considering giving him human meds. It is always so much better to be safe than sorry.

Good luck, I hope he feels better soon.

I wouldn't. Isn't it for heartburn? I would just give it a day to settle down and try feeding it in the morning. It is won't eat or can't keep it down tomorow, I would call the vet. You don't want a sick dog over Christmas.

Any idea why? Did it get into something?

My vet told me I could give my Kelpie Prilosec for upset stomach.
here's a link for more info and dosage.

www.peteducation.com

But I would check with your vet to be safe!