Can I give a treat to my little Laso-Poo a little bit of my banana? She loves them.

We don't give her very much treats, except those made for little dogs.

Asked by Member 992943 on Jun 17th 2010 in Raw Food

Answers

Banana is common, and I never hear of a problem. I do severely limit what my dog gets other than its kibble.

I once tried to hide a pill in some banana my grandson left. Aster wanted nothing to do with it.

Sprite

Banana is fine for dogs. As with anything, though, you should be careful about giving your dog too much food, and monitor her reaction to new foods.

Sprite answered on 6/17/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Jax drools for bananas. She loves them, so I give her a piece of one now & then.

Buckeye

Banana is a great treat for your dog. Too much can cause stool problems, however. Only feed small pieces of banana ocasionally. Both of my dogs love bananas. I think it is a great little snack for dogs.

Buckeye answered on 6/17/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Luci

My dog LOVES banana. I ate a banana one day when she was on my lap. She got a whiff and she jumps up and gets real close like "please oh please!". I gave her a piece and that was the end of that... I had to finish my banana real quick because she wanted much more!

I purchased some natural dog treats for her, banana chips wrapped in chicken. Oh, my...does she love them. They are her most favorite...unfortunately they have spoiled her, though. She now wont eat things like Milk Bone treats or anything anymore. She will politely take them, like she feels obligated, and nose around the house to find a hiding place for it so she doesn't have to eat it lol.

As mentioned above though, keep banana in smaller amounts. My girl is 11.5lbs, I wouldn't give her more than 1/4 of a typical banana in one day. At first I didn't pay attention and gave her one too many banana treats - it stopped her up.

Other than that minor detail, feel free to give banana :-)

Luci answered on 8/25/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer