Can I do this shot myself?

I am trying to order the Rabies shot for my GSD puppy, but I don't know if its legal in NJ

Asked by Member 769709 on Oct 2nd 2010 Tagged shots in Other Laws & Legislation

Answers

Jazzy

From what i know, you MUST have a licensed Veterinarian give the rabies shot so you can get a rabies tag for your dog. The rabies tag is needed so animal control has proof that your dog has had its rabies shots. The injection site of an animal for a rabies shot is also a spot where a licensed personnel must give it. Someone who gave their rabies shot to their pet and doesn't know how to do it the right way can seriously hurt your animal.. The injection site is in the dogs (and cats) hindquarters but i have noticed with ppl who don't have experience or don't know what they're doing have and can hit the animals hip bone or femur with the needle and it is very painful. i hope this helps.

Jazzy answered on 10/2/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Pippin-CGC-RIP Sweet Boy

A vet needs to give the rabies shot...It is illegal & invalid to do it yourself.

Pippin-CGC-RIP Sweet Boy answered on 10/2/10. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer