Bailey

can I buy vitamin K1 over the counter instead of from the vet?

My Rotti has to take 6 vitamin K1 capsules (25mg)a day for 30 days. can I purchase these at a local vitamin store or do I have to pay the ridiculous price at the vet?

Asked by Bailey on Nov 17th 2009 in Medications

Answers

Bella

I'm not sure... Maybe you could go to like petsmart and look.. Or go to the web site.. Good Luck!! Cute pup!

Bella answered on 11/17/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

www.drugs.com

So, if your dog ingested rat poision I think you should get it from the vet.
That way you are giving the proper dosage.

As far as I know this is used for poision a dog may have eaten. I don't think this is used as an every day vitamin.
consult with your vet.

Hey, I've been researching this because yes, my dog just ate a bag of warfarin based mouse "treats" 1.5 weeks ago. Sad day.

I recognize by now that this answer won't help the OP.

To anyone however, what my advice is, check out different vets. AND check out rural vets. Here's why.

We considered it emergency to take our dog to a vet in town instead of her usual rural vet. 110 ml of K1 was $364. $364.!!!! For follow up, I called regular vet. $87. $87!!!!

this does need to be watched well. I am seeing a little bruising on her tummy and she is behaving a little off so I am taking her to see vet for follow up.