Ace

Can any savvy pet parents recommend a safe and effective "mouthwash" to add to my pup's water?

Ace receives regular teeth brushing, but she is a young pup and I am a new puppy mama, so I am not sure we really have the hang of it yet. I would like a little something extra to add to her dental care regimen to make up for my getting used to brushing her teeth and maybe missing spots. She gets plenty of good chew time on various antlers, crunchy treats, and enzymatic rawhides. We might try raw bones, too. I would like to add an additive to her water, but the chemicals in the ingredients make me cringe! I know chlorophyll has been mentioned on Dogster, but I can't find a commercial product that contains this ingredient. Any suggestions that are not just a bottle of chemicals?

Asked by Ace on Apr 26th 2012 Tagged mouthwash, chlorophyll in Dental Care

Answers

I wouldn't give her any people products. They aren't good for dogs. Chewing nyla-bones and antlers are good for their teeth. Kali's teeth look like a puppies and she is 7. She gets lots of chew time. Good Luck!

Carter

Petsmart sells a As Seen On Tv spray for dental hygiene for dogs. you spray in their mouth 3 times. once daily i think.That supposed to get rid of the plague. Im not too sure how a As Seen On Tv product would work, or what the ingredients are. My co worker said it is a wonderful product to use and it has his dogs teeth cleaned. But like i said not too sure on the ingredients you would have to look into that. Hope i helped.

Carter answered on 4/26/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Shasta

I've never added anything to my dogs' water [mainly because they have HUGE waterbowls that are outdoors, plus we don't have any Petsmart/Petcos around where we live], but I have heard/read feeding coconut oil and using it as a toothpaste is really good for breath/teeth. :)

Best Regards! =D

Shasta answered on 4/26/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer