Rudi

can any-one tell me what they think i am? am i a belguim teruven?

It has been bought to my owners attention that t hey may have been given the wrong info when they adopted me and i am after all nota collie cross germen shep, they have been told i could be a teruven? looking at the websites they are getting more convinced but would like other peoples ideas. it doesnt matter what i am really they love me anyway but it is nice to know, i was rescued from being a stray so no-one knows anything about me. if you have any ideas please answer this question. love rudi xx

Asked by Rudi on Jan 12th 2009 Tagged whatami in Belgian Tervuren

Answers

Zackintosh CJ

I definitely see German Shepherd Dog and Collie, I don't see Belgian Tervuren but I may also see Border Collie, or Golden Retriever.

Zackintosh CJ answered on 1/12/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Miss Buddie

Whatever he is, he's just gorgeous!

Miss Buddie answered on 1/12/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

JessAnneMarieLouise

Have no idea what you are....but dang, you got a cute face!!!

JessAnneMarieLouise answered on 1/12/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

If you really want to know. You can buy a DNA kit from rayallen.com
We are thinking of doing it for the big pretty mastiff we got out of the shelter.
That is the cheapest I have seen. Most vets want alot of $.
You just swab and send it in :)
don't think it looks like that breed, maybe a cross of two others.?

Stormy

GSD's and Terv's are very similar dogs, as well as Belgian Malanois.

Personally, I can see German Shephard, as well Tervuren for the long hair & shep coloring.
As well as maybe Australian Shepherd (for the color pattern & fluffiness) or Collie (as in Lassie) for the long nose and head profile. But that can also come from GSDs.

So a recap- German Shephard or Tervuren, Collie, Aussie Shepherd.

Either way, you got a dog with STRONG herding instinct and prey drive!! All very smart breeds though.

Stormy answered on 1/13/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Bandit

I think it does look like he could be part belguim teruven. But a cross between a shepard and a collie could be what he is too. It is almost to close to call. He is adorable though, whatever he is. I was giving the wrong info for sure on Bandit when I adopted him it happens.

Bandit answered on 1/15/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer