Prince Peanutbutter

can a dog lose weight and act sick when she is iin her heat cycle and does she lose dark blood during it? she has no ene

Asked by Prince Peanutbutter on Nov 27th 2009 in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

Isy

Many females will lose their appities when they are in heat. It's a different hunger they want satisfied at this time. The bloody discharge is normal and can last anwhere from a few days to a couple of weeks depending on the individual. The low energy is normal as well. When her cycle is over, please spay her. It will lengthen her life span, decrease her risk for many cancers, and make your life a lot more pleasant with her. If not spayed, this is something you will have to deal with every 5-7 months! And there is always the risk of her getting out and pregnant. If her discharge becomes greenish or very yellowish and smells really bad, don't wait for her cycle to end. Take her in immediatly. Greenish/Yellowish smelly discharge is a sign of major infection.

Isy answered on 11/28/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Bridget aka Bad Pants, Ruby Ru

Yes, they can do that. I think the blood becomes thicker and darker with age.
I don't know that may not be true but I noticed it.
I do suggest that if the dog is sick and not herself that she does loose weight that she be spayed.
I mean it is a benefit in alot of ways. And she will feel better and not have to go through it.
Part of your question got cut off.
Hormone levels affect the appetite.
Spaying is your decision but I think in this case it would help her.

Bridget aka Bad Pants, Ruby Ru answered on 11/28/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer