Tyson

Bumps on chihuahua's eye lids?

My 4-year-old chihuahua has developed bumps above his eyes, along his eye lids. His left eye only has one, but it is pretty big, while his right eye has two smaller ones. I want to make him an appointment for the vet, but we are leaving tomorrow for a week. Any suggestions on what this could be and/or how to treat him for the next week until we get back? Thanks!
Links to photo: mail

Asked by Tyson on Jul 7th 2012 Tagged bumps, eyelids, eyes in Skin Problems

Answers

I would take her to the vet.

Well sometimes dogs develop benign cyst which are harmless and do not require treatment.Although if the bumps are red and itchy and you can see them discharging liquid then you should visit a vet.

Merlyn

My old golden has bumps on his eyelid and my vet told me it was likely a benign neoplasm - benign outnumber malignant by a ratio of 3:1 in dogs. The largest group is tumors arising from the meibomian glands (adenomas and rarely,adenocarcinomas). Eyelid melanomas are the second most common tumor
seen.

They can often be removed with a laser. do a google search for dog eyelid tumor for more info.

Merlyn answered on 8/3/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer