Oliver

Bulldog potty training help needed! I have experience with bulldogs and crate training -please read all details!!

We got our bully when he was 3 months old. He was left to his own devices before we got him. He peed on his blanket and where he slept from the beginning, so crate training did not work. Unless we wanted a yellow dog instead of a white one! He stays in a 4x5 pen when we're gone. He is only In there at night, and for 2-3 hours at a time during the day about twice a week. He gets LOTS of exercise, controlled water, and is neutered and been checked for any health problems. He is doing great when in the house, no accidents for about a month. We praise him when he goes outside - he's a wonderful, naughty puppy. But when he's in his pen (which is in a room of our house) he pees almost every time. Even if its only been an hour. He seems to like to be in his pen. He does not bark or whine, but seems to look at it as his bed and restful place. We love our little man but are tired of the smell of urine! Any ideas or suggestions. We have had a bully before but didn't have this problem.

Asked by Oliver on Aug 19th 2013 Tagged pottytraining, bulldogs in Puppies

Answers

Romeo

Hello, WOW! I remember those days when my dog (Romeo) would pee all the time. I recommend putting a pee pad in his pen. OR a dipper on your dog. I know what you are thinking, but he will only have to wear it when you are out of town. If you don't like those ideas put him in a crete not a pen, people usually buy the pen to go around the crete. If your dog has too much room then he will pee a lot.

Romeo answered on 11/15/13. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer