Brutus

Brutus ate an Oreo. Is there anything we should do or look out for?

Brutus got a hold of an Oreo cookie about 4 hours ago and ate it. He is about 45-50 pounds. He hasn't been acting unusual. Will he be okay? Is there anything that I should look out for? I've heard that even a little amount of chocolate can be harmful for a dog, but sometimes it will be okay. I think I'm just over-reacting, but I don't want him to get sick! Thoughts?

Asked by Brutus on Jan 15th 2011 Tagged oreo, food, cookie in Other Food & Nutrition

Answers

Shep

Well my old bichon frise got hold of a bag of easter eggs and ate the whole lot and although she was sick, within a day she was back to her bouncy self. I don't think you should have anything to worry about.

Shep answered on 1/15/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

Samson

A single Orea wouldn't probably hurt even a tiny dog...Don't worry about it!

Samson answered on 1/15/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer

My dogs have eaten Newman's O's before and nothing has happened to them. I think he'll be fine.

Lucky, NTD

A single Oreo isn't likely to hurt him, but call the vet just in case. You don't need to bring him in, just call. They will tell you what to look out for. Feel better, Brutus!!

Lucky, NTD answered on 1/16/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

Maverick

If it was just one oreo than you should have nothing to worry about. You should call your vet if he does start acting strange or sick just to be safe.

Maverick answered on 1/16/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer