Brown patches on white of eye

Hi I have an 8 year old shih tzu...he's in great shape, naps most of the day, and has his burst of energy. The vet says if he didn't know his birthday, he would think he's years younger. I am concerned because recently I've noticed freckle like patches on the white of his eye..it's above the iris, and I can only see it when he rolls his eyes when he sleeps, or when if i move his eye lid...I took a photo of it, but can't attach it on this website. Just wondering if you have any idea what it is? He has been treated for bacteria in his rolls on his nose and usually has seasonal allergies...but these developed out of no where.

I appreciate any help you can provide. Thanks!

Asked by Member 1135204 on Oct 10th 2012 Tagged health, eyes, shihtzu in Other Health & Wellness

Answers

I think when they age, they get those brown freckle-like spots on the whites of their eyes. Jax had them and the vet said there was nothing to worry about. If you are concerned, then I would ask about them on his next vet visit. Good Luck!

Petri

Totally normal! My pug started getting them too and I was concerned. Had the vet check them out and also do an eye test to make sure there wasn't any cuts (there wasn't). As long as she can still see fine and isn't getting any redness I wouldn't worry about it. They can't feel it or anything. :)

Petri answered on 10/13/12. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer