Breeder or Adoption Agency questions?

I can appreciate the Breeders and/or the Adoption agencies concerns of the welfare of their pets but again, there is not guarantee that whoever they approve will properly take care of the pet. Just like these dogs end up in a shelter due to irresponsible owners they are passing up suitable owners through this process. Either the dogs can be adopted or put to sleep because of this inadequate process.

Asked by Member 1021274 on Jan 30th 2011 in The Adoption Process

Answers

Are you speaking of adoption agencies refusing to let people adopt because they don't have fences and stuff? I agree there.

However, even if though it will never be perfect, good screening is necessary. It's rare for a good dog from a breeder to end up in a shelter. They have a legal contract involved in their screening process, and along with that a rule that the owners must return the dog back to them if they can't keep it.

I know less about the screening process for adoptions, so I can't comment much on that.

Lexie

The process is stricked to make sure 100% the dog/puppy is geting the best home and will be give vet care and have a loveing forever home.Not saying you would not give the dog/puppy a great home if they have turned you down look for another dog/ puppy that might be a better match. Do you have other pets may have turned you down due to the dog don't like other pets do you have kids the dog may have not liked kids.

Lexie answered on 1/30/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

❤  Sadie ❤

Guest, you should post this in forums so you don't overflow Answers section with so many and it will be easier to reply to questions people have so the can help you :)

❤ Sadie ❤ answered on 1/30/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 2 Report this answer

"there is not guarantee that whoever they approve will properly take care of the pet"

Of course; there's no guarantee with anything. So you're saying they just shouldn't even bother trying? I don't get what you are getting at with all of these posts. I'm sorry your application was rejected, but I think it's time to say live and let live and move on. Some rescues are a little over the top in requirements, I will agree with you there, but the majority of them do a good job and try their very best.

Gunner

Yeah, there is no guarantee. BUT, there is legal action the rescue can take IF the owners break/don't abide by their contract.

On the flip side, around here you are only rejected if there is something seriously wrong with you vs the dog. Although we ask for a fence, so long as we know the dog you are getting is going to be well taken care of, then we don't worry too much about it. We DO go check out the home, and we DO decide whether or not it is suitable for the animal we give you.

And, as far as the dogs being euthanized... that is what the POUND does. Not a no-kill rescue. I assure you, the POUND will adopt out to ANYBODY and you would be saving a life.

Gunner answered on 1/31/11. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer