Blue Heeler Registration

I've got two full blood Blue Heelers. One is a 26 month old female and one of her pups who is a male almost 6 months old. How and where do I go about registering them? Also how much does it costs to register them? Thank you in advance to anyone who can help me.

Asked by Member 892869 on Sep 24th 2009 in Breeds
Report this question Get this question's RSS feed Send this question to a friend


  • Cast your vote for which answer you think is best!



I don't know how it works for all registries but with the AKC, both parents have to be registered before the offspring can be. That would mean that both the female you have and the pup's sire need to be registered, then you would apply to that registry for an application to register the pup. The cost varies according to the registry... AKC registration is about $20 for each dog.
I guess you need to find out if your female is registered and what registry it is with before you go any further, then contact that registry to find out how to register the pup. That registry address will be on the female's papers that you should have gotten with her, if she is registered/registrable. Check with the breeder you got her from for more information. If you did the breeding, you will need to get the male's registration number from his owner. If the mother or father are not registered, you are probably out of luck as far as registering the pup.

B.J., CGC answered on 9/24/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer


Both parents need to be registered to get papers for AKC. The breeder would have to register the litter online if they were registered. The cost is $34.

Member 874785 answered on 9/24/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer

K-10 Von Canein

Do you mean registering with the A K C? If you did not get papers at the time of purchase or time of adoption, I don't think it is going to happen that easily. How do you know they are full blooded, for instance? If you had papers, you would know for certain. Also, having one female who is 26 months old and one male at 6 months old sends up a BIG RED FLAG! Get one of them fixed, NOW! If you did not receive papers upon the time of purchase or adoption, you probably will not get them at all, and you are risking in-breeding for no good purpose having the dogs you have until they are fixed.

K-10 Von Canein answered on 9/24/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 1 Report this answer


I would go AKC. Go to and somehow find register. I don't think it costs much, if anything. Jet is AKC registered, and I don't recall it costing anything, but it may cost maybe $20 or so. Hope this helps!

Jet answered on 9/25/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer


I do agree with an earlier post. If you did not get papaers when you got them , and the breeder does not have them to give to you. Then it is going to be almost imposible to get papaers on them. The other thing if you do have papaers on them. And dog over the age of 1 year will cost more to register. Good luck with the new dogs.

Dunkin answered on 9/25/09. Helpful? Yes/Helpful: No 0 Report this answer